Preparing for your move is vital and sometimes the best way to know what to do is by finding out what not to do. As Lake Oswego movers, we have years of experience moving families. Here are some mistakes that we have seen that can help you with your move:
- Moving Everything- Chances are that you have plenty of old belongings that include worn out linens, clothes that don’t fit, or unused items. As you are packing, be sure to set aside these belongings that you no longer use and donate them.
- Packing Valuables Incorrectly- Small items may seem perfect to shove into shoes or small places, but that is the perfect place for them to get lost or broken. Pack valuables with you in your vehicle.
- Not Setting Aside Essentials- Packing an essential’s bag is necessary for a smooth transition. If you are pulling into your home at 10:30 at night, you don’t want to have to sort through all of the boxes to find toiletries or bed linens. Keep the items you’ll need for the first few days in a separate bag.
- Not Preparing your Pup (or Cat)- Moving is especially difficult on pets. They don’t understand what is going, but suddenly their lives are turned upside down. Try to keep their routines as similar as possible and make sure you keep their favorite toys and blankets with them throughout the transition. Also be sure to visit your vet before you leave to update any vaccines.
- Not Preparing or Packing Electronics- Backing up your electronic devices is imperative to make sure you have all your files no matter what your move throws at you. It’s also important you pack your items with you and make sure they are in a secure location.
These moving mistakes can make or break your moving experience. By avoiding these mistakes, you can escape frustrations and disastrous circumstances.
If you are looking for Lake Oswego moving services, contact the professionals at ITS Global Relocation. We can help make your relocation smooth and with little hiccups. Call or visit our website to get your FREE quote today!