At ITS Global Relocation Services, we understand that moving can be a long, overwhelming process; even if you’re not moving far. With so many moving parts, it can be difficult to keep track of everything. So what can you do?
Use our local moving checklist! Just follow these guidelines, compiled by the pros at ITS Global Relocation, and your upcoming move with our Beaverton moving company will be a smooth, stress-free experience - guaranteed.
6 Weeks Before
- Finalize the details of your local move: Call
one of our friendly ITS Relocation moving specialists and receive a free
5 Weeks Before
- Go through your home (starting with closets, garages, basements and attics) and decide what you will bring and what you want to get rid of. Hold a garage sale, give to friends/family, or donate to charity.
- Couches, refrigerators, pianos, etc. – you name it!
- Speak with your qualified household Moving Coordinator about which of our specialty services you may need. These include:
- Short- and long-term storage (take advantage of our Free Month of Storage)
- Military relocation
- Moving for Seniors
- Logistics planning
4 Weeks Before
- Submit a Change of Address to the post office.
- Notify employers, friends and family, attorneys,
accountants, etc. of your new address.
3 Weeks Before
- If you
are packing yourself, start packing! Let your Moving Coordinator know what
packing materials you may need and we will provide them for you.
- Schedule disconnects for gas, water, electric,
- Notify banks, credit card and insurance
companies, schools, magazines, newspapers, etc. of your new address.
2 Weeks Before
- Pack most of your things this week, leaving
out only the essentials.
1 Week Before
- Finish packing!
- Prepare an “essentials box” for the day of the move, with bedding, towels, toiletries, toilet paper, medications, some dishes/utensils, valuables, snacks, and toys for kids/pets.
- Make sure fridges/freezers are emptied, unplugged and defrosted 24-48 hours before moving day.
- Inform your Beaverton movers which boxes you’ll
be transporting personally.
- Give your keys to the real estate agent or
- Make sure you don’t leave anything behind!
For more advice from our local Beaverton movers, or to get started on your own residential move with ITS Global Relocation Services, get in touch with us today! Contact one of our friendly representatives or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation and receive a free estimate.
Subscribe to ITS Global Relocation Services's Blog