Do you have packing supplies that will keep your breakables safe during transport? Check.
Do you know what’s in those boxes after they’ve been packed? Probably not.
Moving is a big job. That’s why so many people turn to professional Gresham residential movers to help! We know how easy it is to forget a few of the details that can really affect your overall moving experience. Here are 10 things people often forget when they’re faced with a move.
The Top 10 Things People Forget When They Move
1. Label the boxes: Setting up your home office for Monday or finding the cords to the TV is nearly impossible if you don’t label your boxes.
2. Change your address: You probably remembered to change your address with the post office, your employer, and important family members, but what about the bank? You also have to change the address on your license, call your insurance provider, and more. Make a list so you remember to change your address with everyone.
3. Pack something you shouldn’t have: It’s easy to throw your phone charger in a box, but that means you’ll probably be running to the store to buy a new one.
4. Pack an overnight bag: In order to keep items handy, like your phone charger, you should pack an overnight bag as if you were going on vacation for a week.
5. A plan for pets: What are you going to do with your cat while you move? Will the rabbit’s cage fit in the car? Make sure you know what you’re doing with your pets!
6. Turn the right utilities on and off: If you’re moving into or out of an apartment, will you be paying for water and trash? Don’t forget about electric, gas, and cable too!
7. Consider storage options: Living in a sea of boxes for weeks can be a real nightmare. Plan ahead and consider storage options.
8. Keeping track of keys: Which keys go to the new house, and which go to the apartment? Can you find the garage key? Hoe about the garage door Opener? Keep them somewhere safe throughout the move.
9. Where to put important paperwork: From leases to bills you receive during the move, make sure there’s a designated spot for important paperwork so it doesn’t get lost, or accidentally thrown away.
10. Doing one last walk-through: Don’t leave something behind because you didn’t do one last walk-through!
Local Movers Can Make Sure You Don't Forget Anything
Local movers in Gresham from ITS Global Relocation Services move families for a living, so we know how not to leave anything behind.
For help with your move, or to get a free estimate, call us or fill out our online form today!
TagsGresham moving Gresham residential movers
Subscribe to ITS Global Relocation Services's Blog