Moving is a challenging, multi-step process. Be it a residential or a commercial move, long-distance or local—all relocation projects depend on careful planning and an organized strategy to achieve the best outcome possible.
While all types of relocation projects benefit from the strong organization, international projects are the most sensitive to the planning stages—and require an extraordinary amount of preparation, planning, and strategy to execute. This is why many movers planning a relocation to another country use professional moving services to help them make the most out of the experience.
At ITS Global Relocation, our expert team of Portland international movers are qualified and experienced in planning perfectly executed overseas relocations. In this article, we will discuss the different modes of transportation for Portland household shipping overseas or international office moves, how to choose the right moving company for Portland overseas shipping, and the most efficient way to move and transport your items out of the country.
Portland International Shipping: Modes of Transportation
There are many different modes of transportation used by Portland international movers when it comes to shipping office or household items. Choosing the most suitable one depends on an individual client’s budget, the size of their items, and the distance and complexity of their shipping needs.
At ITS Global Relocation, we ensure that your valued possessions are secure regardless of which of these two you decide to choose:
Surface shipping: Compared to other forms of overseas shipping, surface shipping is the most economical option. Through ITS Global Relocation’s door-to-door shipping solution, you won’t have to go through the hassle of going to the drop-off point to pick up your items.
In order to make sure each step of the journey is handled properly, our company provides efficient rail, truck, and steamship services. Below are some of the items that surface shipping can take care of:
- Huge shipments of personal belongings
- Large and bulky items such as furniture and appliances
- Shipments from one continent or land mass to another
- Shipments that require multiple stops
- Shipments with a minimum weight of 500 lbs. to 1000 lbs.
Our surface shipping includes the handling of all-important paperwork for customs in order to establish a hassle-free and convenient international moving experience.
Air: Air shipping is normally expensive, but ITS Global Relocation can offer affordable rates. Some examples of shipments that are for air transit include:
- Smaller shipments of belongings
- Time-sensitive shipments
- Shipments to remote areas.
- Higher security risk locations
Tips for Choosing the Most Suitable International Mover
Because there are a lot of moving companies that can cater to international relocation needs, it is important to learn how to choose wisely. Below are some of the tips you can follow:
- Find out about the company: If the company has a good reputation both online and with its previous clients, it is likely that you will have a smooth moving experience. You must also check online if it is licensed and insured.
- Consider your options early on: Moving internationally is not a simple process. Planning takes time, so start considering your options as soon as you confirm your move.
- Look for relevant experience and Customs expertise: Choose a moving company that has broad experience in arranging and executing overseas moves.
- Obtain at least three price estimates: Filter your options and get at least three price quotes so you can compare. However, not because one is cheaper, you would automatically choose it. You must also take note of the quality and coverage of the service.
Best Way to Ship During an International Move
While a DIY approach is possible, hiring professional Portland international movers will eliminate the hassle and security risk. Since 1926, BBB-accredited and American Moving & Storage Association-accredited ITS Global Relocation has provided convenient, fast, and professional local, long distance, and international moving services.
What makes us stand out from the rest aside from our international moving expertise, is the way we manage the move. Our personalized process involves planning, logistics, and ocean freight shipping from ports in your new location.
If you want to learn more about our full-service packing, custom shipping, short- and long-term storage and other services, call or email ITS Global Relocation today. Alternatively, you may fill out this online form to get a free on-site or in-home estimate from one of our moving project managers.
Subscribe to ITS Global Relocation Services's Blog